Los Angeles Car Accident AttorneyCall Tall-Free800.358.9617
Los Angeles Car Injury Lawyer About the firm Frequently Asked Questions Recent Victories Contact Us Free Injury Case Evaluation
Car Accident Practice Areas
Car Accidents
Ambulance Accidents
Bad Faith Insurance Claims
Bicycle Accidents
Broken Bones
Burn Injuries
Bus Accidents
Car Accident Causes
Car Accident Injuries
Car Accident Insurance Claims
Car Accident Liability
Car Accident Statistics
Car vs. Bicycle Accidents
Car vs. Bus Accidents
Car vs. Car Accidents
Car vs. Motorcycle Accidents
Car vs. Pedestrian Accidents
Car vs. Truck Accidents
Distracted Driver Accident
DUI Car Accidents
Filing an Injury Claim
Head Injuries
Head-on Collisions
Pedestrian Injuries
Pile-ups
Preparing for a Car Accident Claim
Rear-end Collisions
Rollovers
Seatbelt Malfunctions
Side Collisions
Single-Car Accidents
Spinal Cord Injuries
SUV Rollovers
Truck Accidents
Uninsured Motorists
Vehicular Manslaughter
What to do after a Car Accident
Whiplash Injuries
Why Hire a Car Accident Lawyer
Wrongful Death
Los Angeles Personal Injury Lawyer

Car Accident Liability

Injured in a Los Angeles Car Crash - Who is at Fault?

Liability is defined as having a legal responsibility for something, usually in costs or damages. In regard to a car accident, liability refers to who was at fault in causing the accident and therefore injury to another person. The grounds for a car accident claim are built upon several factors:

  • A driver acted negligently, without proper caution or care in the circumstances;
  • The driver's actions caused a car accident; and
  • The car accident caused injury to another person.

These factors must be established in order to hold a driver liable in a Los Angeles car accident claim. Liability is an important issue to address in regard to car accident claims and lawsuits, as this is how the victim will be able to seek financial damages from the responsible party for medical costs, lost earnings, future medical treatment, and possibly much more. This may make all the difference in a car accident victim's ability to rebuild his or her life and move on - which most of our clients' primary concern.  

Establishing Liability in a Car Accident

There are numerous potential causes of car accidents. The most common include driver distractions, speeding, and drunk driving. Establishing the cause of your accident will be crucial to the outcome of your claim. In California, the driver or party who was primarily responsible can be held accountable for the other party's injuries. Liability may be partial. For example, one driver may have been 20% at fault, but the other was 80% at fault. The driver who was primarily at fault would be held responsible for 80% of the damages that the other party sustained.

Have you been involved in a car accident and have questions about liability, contact a car crash lawyer at our firm today.

HOW WE CAN HELP?

856 S Robertson Blvd, Penthouse, Los Angeles CA 90035