Preparing a Car Accident Claim
Attorney for Car Accident Claims in Los Angeles
Dealing with a car accident insurance claim may be difficult, but there are particular steps you can take to benefit the outcome of your claim. In addition to consulting and hiring a Los Angeles car accident lawyer, you can:
- Keep your auto insurance information in your glove compartment, where it is easily accessible.
- If you are involved in a car accident, be sure to take notes of what occurred and take pictures at the scene if you can. Even a rough sketch can help you remember important details that will be crucial in handling your claim.
- Get the information of the other driver or drivers involved in the accident.
- Get the information of any witnesses present, as they may be helpful in corroborating your version of events in the case of a dispute.
- Keep detailed records of any medical bills or treatment you receive, as well as any medical supplies you purchase, as well as what amount of work you miss, if any.
- Be prepared for a phone call or some form of contact from the other party's insurance company. If you are contacted, you are not required to give a statement. In fact, talking to the other party's insurance adjuster may prove damaging to your claim if you are tricked into making any statements that make it seem as though you were at fault in causing the accident in any way.
It is important to file your insurance claim as soon as possible after an accident, and knowing these steps in how to prepare for a car accident claim may be very helpful. However, if you have already filed a claim and need legal help, or if you believe you have been the victim of bad faith insurance practices in any way, do not hesitate to involve an attorney at our offices.
Contact a Los Angeles car accident claim attorney for your free case review.