Frequently Asked Questions: Car Accidents
What should I do if I'm involved in a car accident?
- Remain at the scene.
- Exchange driver and insurance information with any other parties involved in the accident.
- If possible, take pictures at the scene to preserve evidence of what occurred.
- Get the contact information of any witnesses present.
- Seek police and medical attention immediately. The police will need to make a report of the incident, and a trained medical professional will need to assist you with any injuries you may have sustained. NOTE: You may not feel any pain immediately after an accident - that does not mean you are uninjured. Some injuries may take hours or even days to present themselves.
- Seek the advice of an attorney who focuses on personal injury and car accident claims to discuss your rights and what compensation you may be able to receive.
I was injured in a car accident. What can I do?
If you have already retained the services of an experienced attorney, you should consult them on whether you can file a personal injury claim and receive compensation for your injuries. An attorney can also assist you in filing your insurance claim and recovering the money you need for property damage, medical care, and more.
What makes me eligible to receive compensation for my injuries?
- Your injuries must be a direct result of the car accident
- You must not have been 50% or more at fault in the accident
- Your attorney must prove the negligence of the party responsible
A lawyer can review these factors for you to determine whether you may have grounds for a personal injury claim against the driver or other party that was responsible for your injuries.
What can I receive compensation for?
You may be eligible to receive compensation for present and future medical expenses and wage loss, mental pain and anguish, loss of enjoyment of life, and possibly more.
How much money can I get?
This will depend upon several factors: who was at fault in the accident, the severity of injuries you received, the impact the accident on your life and lifestyle, and more. Your best option is to work with a competent and aggressive law firm, such as the Pacific Attorney Group, whose attorneys use their experience and passion in this area of law to protect your rights and get you the compensation you need and deserve.
If you would like more information and help with your claim, contact a Los Angeles car accident lawyer at our law offices today.